When are you planning on getting screened for oral cancer? In the United States, over 40,000 people will be spotted with oral cancer every year. If you begin to notice anything different in your oral health, get a checkup or cancer screening immediately, as the sooner cancer is detected the more likely you are to recover.
Listed below are the most common oral health irregularities of oral cancer:
– Ear pain is felt, or there is numbness and loss of sensation in the mouth and areas around the face and neck.
– Abnormal degrees of difficulty chewing, speaking, eating, or swallowing.
– There are white, red, or speckled coverings in the mouth.
– Alterations with your teeth’s alignment, including how well they align and how well you can open and close your mouth.
– Visible signs of bumps, lumps, lesions, crusts, swelling, or eroded areas in your mouth.
– Unusual bleeding often happens in the mouth.
– Radical weight loss could be a sign of cancer.
– A persistent sore throat or alteration in your voice that does not go away.
– Erosions in your mouth, neck, or face that do not heal after 2 weeks that continue to bleed easily.
– A feeling that something is lodged in the back of your throat could be a sign of oral cancer.
If you would like to schedule an oral cancer screening at Cedar Point Dentistry, simply call our dentist office in Richfield, Minnesota, at our number 612-866-7000. Dr. Wallace Lunden and our entire team look forward to making your smile shine!