This summer, focus on your smile by focusing on your diet. Although many foods are just another obstacle that stands in the way of optimum oral health, did you know that there are some foods that have been proven to actually upgrade your oral health? Listed below are some helpful foods and tips for your oral health with the astonishing benefits they can offer to your smile:
– Foods that are crunchy with a high-water content, including products such as apples or pears, are capable of cleaning your mouth and washing away harmful food particles.
– Chewing sugarless gum after meals has been proven in studies to effectively prevent cavities by increasing the production of saliva.
– To keep your teeth at their best, you should limit snacks to mealtime only.
– Keeping your teeth strong includes building your diet to enhance your dental profile, not harm it. Minerals such as calcium and phosphorus in foods such as chicken, nuts, cheese, and milk have been shown to strengthen tooth enamel.
– Acidic foods such as citrus fruits and tomatoes can cause your tooth enamel to break down.
For more information from our team at Cedar Point Dentistry, come in for a visit. If you would like an oral exam from Dr. Wallace Lunden, please book an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Minneapolis, Minnesota. We can be reached at 612-822-2176. We are here to help you get the healthy smile of your dreams!