Do you know what teething is? Teething is a common condition experienced at varying degrees of discomfort for all children with teeth. It occurs when teeth break above the gum line, which, unfortunately, can be discomforting or painful for a young child. Listed below is some important information regarding teething in youngsters:
– Children will begin teething when the first tooth erupts, around the age of 6 months.
– Standard signs and symptoms that your child is teething including changes in their sleep patterns, excessive drooling, and irregular fussiness or loss of appetite.
– Serious conditions may develop when teething, which include diarrhea, high fevers, chills, and sporadic rashes. If any of these symptoms occur, contact your child’s pediatrician.
– To help alleviate pain and discomfort in your child, look for ways to help soothe them. You can use teething rings, a cold spoon, a gauze pad, or your finger if it is clean.
– Teething tablets and medications should only be used under the guidance of the child’s health care professional.
Our team at Cedar Point Dentistry can help you find which pediatric treatment will work best for your child. Dr. Wallace Lunden would love to see you at our office in Minneapolis, Minnesota. To schedule an appointment, please call us at 612-822-2176. We are here to help your family with all of your oral care needs!